Adult Individual Therapy
When counseling with individual adults I tailor my therapeutic approach to the needs of my client. Working together in an environment that is caring and safe, my goal is for you to become empowered to change problematic thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, so you can develop your fullest potential.
- Adult Survivors of Sexual Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Grief and Loss
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders and Behaviors.
- Anger Management
- Relationship Issues
- Personal Growth and Decision-making
- Sexual addiction
- Ages 18 or Older
I help partners enhance their relationship by re-establishing trust, strengthening commitment, improving communication, and calming conflict. Couples learn to take an active role in becoming more effective partners through learning new relationship skills and looking inwardly to grow as both an individual and partner.
- Infidelity and trust issues
- Communication issues
- Intimacy and sexuality issues
- Co-parenting issues
Children and Adolescents Therapy
As children and adolescents grow and begin their educational journey, they continue to develop in many important ways. During these periods of growth, it can be difficult for families to know when a change reflects the normal challenges in child development or a more serious mental health issue. My approach in addressing these developmental changes will involve working as a team with the child and parent. With children, I use play therapy and other interventions of a symbolic nature such as art and sand tray. Working together with parents, we put in place strategies to effect positive change in children.
- Educational Consultation
- Helping parents make decisions about their children’s education
- Supporting Children who are dealing with divorce
- Play Therapy
- Using interventions such as art and sand tray
- Children (8- 12)
- Adolescents/Teenagers (13-18)